Last Revised: July 6, 2012
2. PERMITTED USERS OF THE SITE In consideration of your use of the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age or of an age to form a legally binding contract and you are not prohibited from receiving services under the laws of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction.
5. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS You acknowledge and agree that, as between Sloan and you, all right, title, and interest in and to the Site and the Content, including without limitation any patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, inventions, know-how, and all other intellectual property rights, are owned exclusively by Sloan or its licensors and are protected by United States intellectual property and other applicable laws. Copyright: All Content is the copyright and property of the Sloan or its content providers and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You agree not to copy, modify, distribute, transmit, republish, sell, resell or exploit, for any purpose, any portion of the Site or the Content other than as expressly authorized by Sloan in writing. Trademarks: The trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans, trade names and trade dress used on the Site are proprietary to Sloan or its licensors. Third party trademarks referenced in the Site do not constitute or imply affiliation with, endorsement, or recommendation of Sloan by the respective trademark owners. Without limitation, SLOAN®, SLOAN® (stylized), ANY APPLICATION. ANY ENVIRONMENT.®, and ROYAL CLASSIC® are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and owned by Sloan.
6. ACCOUNT PASSWORD AND SECURITY The Site contains some features that require registration of a username and password, including Sloan Connect. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are fully responsible for all uses of your password, whether by you or others. When you register for Sloan Connect and each time you access your Sloan Connect account, you agree to (a) log out of your Sloan Connect account at the end of each session; (b) keep your password confidential and not share it with anyone else; and (c) immediately notify Sloan of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. Sloan is authorized to act on instructions received through use of your password, and is not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
7. YOUR INDEMNITY OF SLOAN YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD SLOAN AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SERVICE PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS AND OTHERS ACTING IN CONCERT WITH THEM, HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, CLAIM OR DEMAND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, MADE BY YOU OR ON YOUR BEHALF OR BY ANY THIRD PARTY DUE TO OR ARISING OUT OF (A) YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR ACTIVITY, YOUR DEALINGS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, OR YOUR SUBMISSION(S) OR ANY MATERIALS YOU SUBMIT OR TRANSMIT TO THE SITE OR TO SLOAN; (B) YOUR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS, ANY APPLICABLE LAWS, OR THE RIGHTS OF SLOAN OR ANY THIRD PARTY; AND (C) ANY ACTIVITY RELATED TO YOUR USE OF SLOAN CONNECT, OR ANY OTHER PERSON ACCESSING THE SITE USING YOUR SLOAN CONNECT ACCOUNT.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES The Site may contain advertisements, postings and links to websites operated by other parties. The Site provides these advertisements, postings and links as a convenience, and your use of other websites is at your own risk. The advertisements, postings and linked sites are not under the control of Sloan which is not responsible for their content or privacy practices. Such advertisements, postings or links or references to other parties' products or services do not imply Sloan's endorsement of information, material, products or services of any other party or any other website. Sloan disclaims all liability with regard to your access to and use of such information, material, products or services or transactions with such linked websites or other parties. You acknowledge and agree that Sloan is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or other claim caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with, access to, use of or reliance on any content available on or through any other site or resource.
9. MODIFICATIONS, SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION Sloan reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site, Content or Activities, or any portion thereof, with or without notice. You agree that Sloan will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site, Content or Activities. Sloan reserves the right, at its sole discretion, immediately and without notice, to suspend, discontinue, or terminate your access to the Site, Sloan Connect, Content or any part thereof for any reason, including without limitation any breach by you of these Terms. You agree that Sloan shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such suspension, discontinuance or termination.
10. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SLOAN MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING ANY INFORMATION BEFORE RELYING ON IT. USE OF THE SITE AND CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SLOAN MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO ENSURE THAT ANY CONTENT YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SLOAN DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND FURTHER DISCLAIMS ALL LOSSES OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF SLOAN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Exclusions and Limitations: Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitations may not apply to you. This Limitation of Liability shall be to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
11. NOTICE REQUIRED BY CALIFORNIA LAW Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California residents are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The name, address and telephone number of the provider of this service is Sloan Valve Company, 10500 Seymour Avenue, Franklin Park, IL 60131, (800) 982-5839. Complaints regarding the service or requests to receive further information regarding use of this service may be sent to the above address or to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Boulevard, Suite S202, Sacramento, CA 95834 or by telephone at (916) 574-7950 or (800) 952-5210.
BECOME A FAN OF SLOAN ON FACEBOOK We invite you to become a fan of Sloan on Facebook. On our page, you can learn about upcoming events, see photos and videos, and have discussions with other fans of Sloan. When you visit our Facebook page, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- We encourage you to participate in existing discussions and to start new discussions with other Sloan fans. Please be polite, even if you disagree with things that have been posted. Personal attacks, offensive remarks, and foul language are not appropriate.
- We encourage you to contribute relevant comments to the discussion. Postings that are off-topic or consist of spam or promotional postings may be removed.
- All postings on the Sloan wall and in the Discussions area should be made by actual identifiable people. Postings from obviously fake or anonymous profiles may be deleted.
- Sloan is not liable for anything posted on the Sloan Facebook page by a third party. When you access our Facebook page, you do so at your own risk.
- Sloan reserves the right to remove any from its Facebook page for any reason.
Sloan may use your posts or replies in any manner in its sole discretion, without any payment to you, and by posting or replying you grant Sloan permission for this use. We encourage anyone with comments or questions about Sloan to visit www.sloanvalve.com or call (800) 982-5839.
FOLLOW SLOAN ON TWITTERWe invite you to follow Sloan on Twitter and have a dialogue with us. We welcome your thoughts and replies on anything related to Sloan, and will do our best to reply to any general comments or questions. When interacting with Sloan on Twitter, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Unless a particular Twitter account is identified as @Sloan_Valve, it is not an official Sloan Twitter profile.
- We encourage you to begin or contribute to conversations using replies. However, we will not reply to any replies that are off-topic, contain personal attacks or foul language.
- When you access any official Sloan Twitter profile page, you do so at your own risk.
- Sloan reserves the right to remove or edit any Tweets or replies for any reason.
- Sloan may use your Tweets or replies in any manner in its sole discretion, without any payment to you, and by Tweeting or replying you grant Sloan permission for this use.
We do not guarantee the accuracy of anything posted by any Sloan Twitter account. Nothing in any Twitter communication initiated by a Sloan Twitter account constitutes a binding representation, agreement, or endorsement on the part of Sloan. We encourage anyone with comments or questions about Sloan to visit www.sloanvalve.com or call (800) 982-5839.
Last Revised: July 6, 2012
2. Types of Information Collected We may collect personal information from you including, without limitation, non-public information about you that helps Sloan identify you, such as first and last name, birth date, email address, home and business addresses, telephone number, password, credit or debit card number or other payment method, billing and shipping information, purchasing history, profession, preferences, and other. We may also collect other non-personal information about your use of the Site such as your IP address, usage statistics, browsing history, type of computer operating system you use (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the type of browser you use (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer), and the domain name of your internet service provider.
3. How We Collect Information We may collect personal information from you when you:
- Register as a member of and place orders via Sloan Connect
- Sign up to receive announcements or newsletters;
- Communicate with Sloan via email or offline
- Order products, literature, or services during your visit to the Site or offline; and
- Participate in any of Sloan's promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, questionnaires, or other events ("Activities") during your visit to the Site or offline.
Personal information collected by Sloan may be stored and processed in the United States in accordance with the laws of the United States. By using the Site and submitting your personal information to Sloan offline, you expressly consent to the storage and processing of your personal information in the United States or elsewhere in accordance with the laws of the United States.
Sloan automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser as well as through other analysis of the Site. We may also collect information using cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, or through third parties using similar technologies. A cookie is a piece of data stored on your computer. When you visit the Site, your web browser may store cookies on your computer, which will better enable you to navigate the Site upon return. You may use the Site even if you choose to reject or delete the cookies. Cookies also may be used by some of the other websites for which a link is placed on the Site.
4. How We Use Your Information We may use the information we collect:
- To monitor and analyze information regarding your browsing and viewing preferences and to diagnose Site problems.
- To analyze our users' demographics, interests, and purchasing practices.
- Fulfill orders, ship and confirm orders.
- To administer Activities.
- To process and respond to your inquiries.
- For Site administration and improvement.
- To alert you to new features, terms, Activities, special events, stores, products or services.
- To send announcements and newsletters, and to provide you with personalized content in the newsletters.
- For the purposes for which you provided the information.
- For fraud prevention, internal operations, legal compliance, and other public purposes.
5. Communications with You You authorize Sloan to transmit email to you to respond to your communications, fulfill orders, and administer Activities. Unsubscribe instructions are included in each promotional email from Sloan. Please note that such requests may take up to ten (10) days to become effective. You may not opt out of receiving communications regarding your dealings with the Site or technical information about the Site.
7. Children The Site is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does Sloan knowingly collect information from children under 13 on the Site or offline. If you are under 13, you are not permitted to register for Sloan Connect or to otherwise submit any personally identifiable information to Sloan. If you are under 18 years of age, you may browse the Site but you may not register for Sloan Connect or any offerings on the Site or offline unless specifically stated otherwise.
8. Protection of Personal Information Sloan uses reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information. No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Sloan to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personal information, neither Sloan nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
9. Updating Your Information You are responsible for keeping your information current. You may update your information by contacting us at email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make; provided, however, that requests to delete information are subject to Sloan's internal reporting, processing and retention policies and all applicable legal obligations.